The EU-Sri Lanka Innovation Partnership (EU-SLIP) has launched an Agritech Thematic Challenge! Through this Agritech thematic challenge, Sri Lankan and European agritech startups deploying disruptive solutions that improve crop yields, market linkages and supply chains to promote food security and a resilient agricultural sector can participate in this challenge where they will be connected to corporates as well as matched to startups from the other region working on similar solutions. This is in order to support the matched startups to co-create on complementary innovative agritech solutions and potentiallyintroduce them to the Sri Lankan and European markets.
The application deadline for startups to participate is March 31st 2021!
What’s in it for the startups?
The EU-SLIP Team has already engaged two corporates – Growrite and Commonland who are ready and very interested in supporting European and Sri Lankan agritech startups deploying disruptive solutions that improve crop yields, market linkages and supply chains to promote food security and a resilient agricultural sector.
How to apply?
- If you can provide deeptech solutions to any of the Agritech topics listed below, and you haven't already done so, please apply for the Growrite innovation call by clicking on this link and use the reference code EU-GR 01 to apply:
- Precision agriculture
- Data analytics in agriculture
- Farm services
- Fintech in agriculture
- If you can provide disruptive solutions on improving: (i) agriculture yields and adding value to the Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs), (ii) food processing, (iii) market linkages, and (iv) supply chain traceability of local produce, and you if haven’t done so already, then apply for the Commonland innovation call by clicking on this link for more details and use the reference code EU-CM 01 to apply:
- Monitoring crops efficiently with minimal human intervention
- Harvest predictions, disease prevention technologies
- Automatic weed monitoring systems
- Farm tracking devices and advanced tools
- Geo tagging and QR technologies for sustainability & traceability certifications
- Logistics and warehousing
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions you have or if you would like to learn more about how to support the agritech startups participating in this thematic challenge.